Before – After care
There are a few things you should know about your upcoming tattoo appointment to prepare accordingly. These will accelerate the process of healing and mitigate the pain while you are being tattooed.
- Make sure you get a good nights sleep before your appointment.
- Make sure you eat enough before going to your appointment.
- You can bring some snacks with you (e.g. Chocolate or Fruits).
- Drink plenty of water.
- Wear comfortable clothing on the day of your appointment, which will make it easier to get to the area being tattooed.
- If you want, you can bring headphones and a phone charger.
- Make sure you bring enough money to pay the agreed upon sum.
- Be on time.
- Don’t drink or do drugs 24 hrs before your appointment.
- If you feel sick or already are, stay home! Not just for your sake, but for mine aswell.
- Don’t show up with a sunburn.
- Don’t bring large groups into the studio.
- Do not make other appointments after your tattoo appointment, which are not flexible in time. Tattoos take time and precision and I can not speed up the process.
Remove the foil 4-6 hours after tattooing. Clean your tattoo carefully with clean hands under running water until all residues (blood, Vaseline, paint, etc.) are completely removed. Do not scrub! Dry your tattoo with a clean paper towel and wait about 2-3 minutes until the skin is completely dry. Then wrap your tattoo with clean foil. Repeat this whole process 3-4 times within the first 24 hours.
24 hours after your appointment, you can remove the foil entirely. Clean your tattoo well with water and let the tattooed area airdry. Once the tattoo is completely dry, apply cream to your tattoo. Repeat the application as needed (itching, feeling of tension) 2-3 times a day. Do this for about 1 week, or until the skin is no longer scaly. Apply only a thin layer of the cream, so that your skin can breathe well. After 2 weeks, you can also use a regular moisturizer or coconut oil. Do not scratch your tattoo and do not tear away any scales or crusts! Otherwise, it can lead to color loss, scarring and in the worst case inflammation. Itching is a sign of wound healing. If, despite the good aftercare, there is a loss of color, which was not caused by you (customer), the re-coloring is free of charge until three months after your appointment.
Important! Within the next 3 weeks you must not sunbathe, go to the solarium, take chlorine or steam baths, or go to the sauna. You should still take care of your tattoo like a piece of jewelry after the healing process, which means regularly applying body lotion to your tattoo and protecting it from the sun with a high SPF factor (50+).